Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
Comments are moderated due to spam. This means you might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year Exercise

A friend of mine posted this on facebook. I think it's a beautiful and practical ritual for the time of year — akin to things witches do at some Sabbats, and very appropriate for this time in the calendar year also.  I'll be doing it!

On one piece of paper I write all that I'm glad for, that came with the year that is passing. I add it to my altar or under a seven-day candle, flowers or any other reverent, symbolic item in my home or where I'm staying.

On another piece of paper I write all that I'm glad to be rid of. I get a metal bowl or if I have a fire place or fire pit, I go there, light the paper that contains all I'm rid of and burn it to ash; then let the ashes go.

On a third piece of paper, I write what I'm keeping, allowing to grow and inviting into my life in the new year. I sign the document and tape it to my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.