Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
Comments are moderated due to spam. This means you might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Do You Believe in the Threefold Law?

Pagan Magic said:

I thought I might add a weekly question to the group - we're all from different paths and I think it will be interesting to see the different points of view that arise on various subjects. With that in mind, this week's question is: Do You Believe in the Threefold Law? All opinions welcome, maybe you believe in the law of return, but not threefold, maybe sevenfold - or not at all. What experiences if any have you had. Looking forward to hearing from you.


I said:


I do believe in the law of return. It is not only a Wiccan understanding that the energy you put out is what you attract back to you. It is like a message to the Universe, like putting in your order. (Though most people don’t realise that and are doing it by default rather than intention.)

In other words, I see it not as a law in the sense of a regulation to be enforced, but as a law of nature. I once heard someone say, “It doesn’t matter how good or wonderful you are, if you jump out of a nine-storey building the law of gravity will splatter you on the concrete.” I think the law of return is like that, and if we’re wise we’ll try and take care of our energy so as to sow what we’d prefer to reap.

As for threefold, I don’t think that is to be taken literally — although again it is a widespread idea outside of Wicca too. How many times have you heard someone say that things “come in threes”? I have a little theory that maybe, humans being as they are, it usually takes about three lessons before we get it and shift our energy.

I did see that happen once when I found out someone was trying to harm me. I put up protection, but she kept trying a little while before giving up. Then someone who knew nothing of this said to me, “Did you hear about X? She cut the same hand three times in a row!” 

However I have known of other cases where things come back only once or twice. Mind you, threefold could refer to intensity rather than quantity, so I am not absolutely certain on this. I do notice that energy tends to expand, and that what comes back does tend to be more — how much more is hard to measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.