Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
Comments are moderated due to spam. This means you might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Once we were very close, for a long time. Then some things happened which had us end the friendship. We moved to different parts of the country. Seven years passed. I heard she was very ill. I got in touch via her daughter; did absent healing and got others doing it too; sent her a crystal which was supposed to be good for her condition....

All the time, I felt that she was in the process of leaving. I had an impulse to phone but it turned out she was already in hospital with 'not long now'. I kept picking up that she had come to terms with it and was very peaceful. Others got the same impression. Tapping into that, I have been strangely peaceful myself.

Yesterday afternoon I sat down and communicated via Reiki II, which allows for a detailed conversation. I said the things I needed to, and heard what she had to say.  I felt a very strong heart connection the whole time.  I asked if she wanted me to light a candle for her after she was gone and say the Prayer for the Dead. Yes, she did.

Last thing last night I sat down and wrote my verse for Tanka on Tuesday:

non-stop rain here
the weeks of her dying there
too far away
I say my goodbyes in thought
listening to the rain fall


This morning a friend emailed that D had just passed, at 10.36 am. About an hour later I had myself and the temple ready, and my Spouse sat with me as I lit the candle and recited the prayer:

I light this candle for D. May her spirit pass through the portal betwixt this world and the next and find rest and peace. May her time spent in the land of light be profitable that she may learn the lessons necessary for the next stage of her journey towards God. May D be at peace and at rest. Peace be with you.

I spoke it aloud. He said it with me silently, in his mind, and added — he told me afterwards — some farewell words of his own.

We left the candle burning. It's a flat tealight candle, sitting in a big oven-proof dish with high sides, for safety. Unattended, yes, but I look in now and then. There is no wind in there, and nothing positioned to catch alight. It is burning quietly and steadily. When it is all burned down, the ritual will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.